The ability to analyze hypothetical situations or abstract concepts to compile insight.
Conceptual thinkers have an astute understanding of why something is being done. They can think at an abstract level and easily apply their insights to the situation. Tomorrow’s leaders will need to think conceptually across all facets to compete in a diverse and growing economy. The activities in this competency will teach you how to focus on the big picture and recognize implicit ideas before others do. At the same time, Design Thinking provides a solution-based approach to solving problems. It is a way of thinking and working as well as a collection of hands-on methods.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze and define creative challenges.
- Apply the basic design process to specific goal-focused problem solving.
- Explore nontraditional design options.
- Integrate design concepts, materials and skills.
- Develop and use critical thinking in the design process.
- Identify and use appropriate research methods.
- Develop concepts from thumbnail sketches through comprehensive output.
- Develop an awareness of concept building using the visual and written word.
- Articulate the relationship of content/form + typography/image • Develop an understanding of an “arrangement vs. concept” • Abstract Thinking vs. Literal Thinking
This is a 10 week class with 1.5 hours per/week meetings, synchronistically via ZoomKnowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Design Thinking Week 1
Design Thinking Week 2
Design Thinking Week 3
Design Thinking Week 4
Design Thinking Week 5
Design Thinking Week 6
Design Thinking Week 7
Design Thinking Week 8
Design Thinking Week 9
Design Thinking Week 10