This course covers the various methods and best practices that are in line with business and technical requirements for modeling, visualizing, and analyzing data with Power BI. The course will show how to access and process data from a range of data sources including both relational and non-relational sources.
This is a 24 hour training online masterclass course that is based on the Exam PL-300 for Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst.
The course will take place entirely through Microsoft Teams classrooms with all participants getting official labs and courseware.
LAB STRUCTURE (LESSONS)
- L01 DISCOVER DATA ANALYSIS
- L02 GET STARTED BUILDING WITH POWER BI
- L03 GET DATA IN POWER BI
- L04 CLEAN, TRANSFORM, AND LOAD DATA IN POWER BI
- L05 DESIGN A DATA MODEL IN POWER BI
- L06 INTRODUCTION TO CREATING MEASURES USING DAX IN POWER BI
- L07 OPTIMIZE A MODEL FOR PERFORMANCE IN POWER BI
- L08 WORK WITH POWER BI VISUALS
- L09 CREATE DASHBOARDS IN POWER BI
- L10 PERFORM ANALYTICS IN POWER BI
- L11 CREATE AND MANAGE WORKSPACES IN POWER BI
You will be able to
- Download, install and run for free the full version of Power BI Desktop and the BI analysis software.
- Create analyses using maps (line charts, stacked bar charts, geographic analyses).
- Format numbers, dates, add labels, tooltips and animations.
- Get and transform multiple sources of data (merging, pivoting and unpivoting).
- Build and refine models, calculate columns and measures.
- Learn M and DAX functions and custom formula building.
Experience with Windows Client Operating System, Microsoft Office or Microsoft Internet Explorer will be helpful.